You need travel insurance!
Accidents or misadventure can happen anywhere. But the fact is that when you are travelling, in a strange environment with so many new and interesting things to capture your interest, the chances of mishap increase. In addition, it is likely that your normal insurances will not apply. There are a number of reputable companies offering insurance and you should consider your options carefully before making your choice. Liberty Tours chooses to partner with nib, for your convenience.
What do I do if I get Coronavirus (COVID-19) before my trip?
- Isolate! And seek appropriate medical attention.
- Don’t delay the cancellation of your plans. If you know you need to cancel, contact your providers as soon as possible to maximise the opportunity of refunds from your providers.
- Depending on the plan you have chosen, you may be able to make a claim for non-refundable travel costs under the Coronavirus Travel Costs section of the plan up to the benefit limit.
What do I do if I get Coronavirus (COVID-19) on my trip?
- Contact nib’s Emergency Assistance team. Utilising a global network of medical providers, the team will connect you with local medical facilities. They can also assist by getting in contact with friends and family where needed.
- Always keep receipts for any payments you make and wherever possible, request written reports from providers or local authorities.
- Follow travel and health advice – different countries have different rules. What’s ok in Australia may not be ok in the countries you visit.
- Our International plans include emergency overseas medical cover if you contract coronavirus while travelling.
If I need medical treatment overseas, will you only pay up to $2,500?
Rest assured that if you incur medical expenses overseas for an event covered under the policy, including if you contract Coronavirus (COVID-19) and it’s not related to an ‘existing medical condition’ (as defined in the PDS), then coverage is offered up to the Medical benefit limit. Just make sure you contact nib’s Emergency Assistance team so they can help.
The Coronavirus Travel Costs benefit (for other non-medical coronavirus related events, where included on the pkan you have selected) has a limit of $2,500 limit for a single policy (and $5,000 for a family policy); this is separate to the benefit limit available for medical expenses Incurred Overseas.
nib Travel Insurance Distribution Pty Limited, ABN 40 129 262 175, AR 336467 is an authorised representative of nib Travel Services (Australia) Pty Limited ABN 81 115 932 173, AFS Licence No 308461 (nib). Liberty Tours Pty Ltd, ABN 76 617 041 086 is a distributor of nib and receives a commission for nib products purchased through Liberty Tours. Liberty Tours acts as an agent for nib and not as your agent. Liberty Tours cannot give advice about nib products, and any factual information provided is not intended to imply a recommendation or opinion about nib products.
Before deciding to purchase this product, read the PDS available here. If you have a complaint about a nib product, see the Product Disclosure Statement for the complaints process. This insurance is underwritten by XL Insurance Company SE, Australia branch (ABN 36 083 570 441).