1 hour before sunrise, depart Melbourne CBD Hotel for transfer to the Yarra Valley launch site.
Let the breeze usher you in a hot air balloon along corridors of grapevines and over the Yarra River as you take in breathtaking views of mountains that surround the spectacular valley.
Just 50 minutes from the Melbourne CBD lie the lush hillsides of the Yarra Valley. A place of diverse and rich history stretching back to the first settlers. The Yarra Valley is home to 90 vineyards and 35 wineries, many of which hold a reputation for creating world-class wines. Yarra Valley is also renowned for being one of Victoria’s largest tourist destinations.
• Complete flight and ground insurance.
• Launch and landing government fees in and around the Yarra Valley
• Piece of mind that you have chosen to fly with Victoria’s leading hot air ballooning operator offering the most professional service. You will be in the hands of the most experienced pilots and ground crew in the business.
• A carbon-neutral flight – by choosing to fly with Global Ballooning you will be helping to restore biodiversity and essential habitat for native fauna, improve water quality and salinity problems. This is because Global Ballooning is the only Victorian operator to offset our emissions.
• In-flight photography with the opportunity to purchase a souvenir CD compilation and DVD pack after the flight.
After the Flight Full: cooked breakfast at Balgownie Estate with complimentary champagne.
10:30 am Global Ballooning transfer to Yering Station
10:45 am Depart Yering Station Winery. Your guide/driver will collect you from Yering Station Wines to commence the wine tour portion of the tour.
11:00 am Steels Gate Wines. Steels Gate is a boutique winery situated in a picturesque hillside setting at Dixons Creek. Their range of wines are all estate grown and estate made offering finesse and exceptional flavour. Enjoy the relaxed atmosphere which makes this the perfect place to experience delicious wines while absorbing the serenity of the Yarra Valley.
12:00 pm Balgownie Estate. Indulge in a guided tasting session at Balgownie Estate tasting table. Make your selection of wine for lunch and take your complimentary glass of wine to the restaurant with its magnificent vineyard views. Lunch includes main meal, a glass of Balgownie Estate wine & tea or coffee.
1:30 pm Yering Farm. The old hay shed situated at the top of the hill, overlooks stunning views, has been converted into a charming rustic Cellar Door, oozing with character. The Cellar Door proudly showcases antique cooper tools used by pioneer winemakers over a century ago. A fantastic environment to enjoy superb wines made with traditional winemaking techniques.
2:15 pm Domaine Chandon. French Champagne company Moet & Chandon’s
Australian production house Domain Chandon is the perfect way to finish the day with a guided tour through the winery that shows how the wine is made followed by a relaxing glass of Australia’s best bubbly and a view that will leave you in awe. Spectacular, to say the least.
3:30 pm Leave Yarra Valley back to Melbourne
4:30-5 pm Return to Drop off points